Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Post Thanksgiving & Cyber Monday



































I'm just jumping on quickly to say that I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and have enjoyed their Black Friday Sales! I was able to get some great deals this year and stay within my budget so Woo Hoo to me LOL!

This year we found a turkey farm near our home that we didn't know existed until we started researching online and after a lot of thought ended up buying a 19 lb turkey breast only....19 lbs! I brined it like I do every year and this time went with the slow roast method and all I can say is that after 12 people finished eating and after sending some home with my sister and mom, DH and I had enough leftovers for 2 meals only! We were really some turkey eating fools!

My mom was able to come over starting on Wednesday and helped me with all of the preparations. Since everyone brings something to the table, we were responsible for the turkey, potatos, stuffing, cranberry and pumpkin pie. My mom had seen a recipe that combined jello with whole canned cranberries, pinapples, apples and nuts. It was really tasty and really yummy (especially when I added a little whipped cream LOL!) My Sis brought a brocolli cheese casserole and salad and my Son and Girlfriend rounded it out with drinks and rolls....YuMmY!!!

After everyone left my Mom and I started looking at what was playing at the local theatre and ended up going to see Burlesque with Cher and Cristina Aguilara....My Mom liked it a lot while I thought it was very predictable...the positive thing I can say that really carried the movie was the Music and we both agreed that it made it fun to watch. Cher really sang well and as far as Cristina...well she has a heck of a voice and I do enjoy listening to her. In the end, I told my Mom I thought that it was like a cross between "A Chorus Line", "Chicago" and Bob Fosse's greatest moves. The real pleasure in the end was the company.

That's about it for now but I wanted to let you know that my Digi Moose have hit the store (woo hoo!). Also, all my files are on sale for this Cyber Monday for 45% off. I thank you in advance for your support!

Hugs,
Eddita

2 comments:

Anna said...

Sorry just reading this. Sounds like a perfect day with perfect company. :)

Anna said...

Oh forgot to say...WOW beautiful table setting :)