Monday, December 28, 2009

She's Alive!!!

Ok, so while I started a number of times to update my blog, somehow something always got in the way and I never got back. What is that saying, Plans are what you make but Life is what happens....in this case no truer words have been said.

We celebrated my Mom's "??" birthday early November and we were joined by friends and family to share a wonderful meal and fellowship. My brother flew in from the other side of the world (WA state) so my mom enjoyed the company of her 3 children and her 6 grandchildren (no great grandchildren yet and believe me no rush on that either LOL!)

We held it at a local golf clubhouse and had a very yummy meal finished off by a delicious birthday cake my daughter made just for the occasion.

Thanksgiving came and it had been a year since my little "TIA" heart incident. You know I started stressing as the day came closer that I might have another one, but thankfully all is well.

I have an follow up appointment with the cardiologist soon and I'm hoping I get a clean bill of health. My office had a move and while my heart survived, my back didn't. Packing up boxes in preparation for the move really did a number on it. After having the whole family up, I spent Thanksgiving night all the way through the following Monday night flat on my back. The pain was horrible! It still twinges from time to time, but it almost feels back to normal. Note to self...no more lifting ANYTHING heavy...especially around the holidays!!!

The major Winter Storm hit us with a vengance as with so many others on the East Coast. We ended up with a little over 2 feet of snow which hubby and I two days to clear off the paths and driveways. I will admit, it really was beautiful! Here are a couple of pics so you can see how nice it looked!



Christmas came too quickly and for some reason I just couldn't find the spirit, try as I might. We got the tree up, stockings hung and the Nativity out but I still had problems. December is always a bit rough since we lost my Dad all those years ago on December 12th, but normally I do ok....not sure what was different this year but I sure do hope I don't have it happen again.

My sister asked me that this year instead of buying gifts for the kids if I could do some vinyl art for their walls. Now understand, my nephew is a MAJOR Star Wars fan and my niece is really into Fairies. Took me a bit but here is what we ended up with:





Finally, in anticipation of the New Year I have decided to start working on my list. This is what I have so far:

  • Try to give only compliments
  • Visit my Mom more frequently
  • Update my blog at least once a week
  • Create and upload at least 2-3 files a month
  • Work on scrapbook layouts for the TONS of photos I have
  • Scan all the photographs I currently have housed in boxes and bags
  • Continue going to the gym on a weekly basis
Now this list is only a start and it's what I would LIKE to do (LOL!) Let's see how it goes.

Anyway, that's about it for now and I will have more to share as the New Year gets closer.

Hugs,
Eddita

5 comments:

momof5 said...

I love the vinyl art work esp. the fairy one since I have a little girl that would love it. Are you planning to add this design to the store? Thanks, Hailey

Mickey said...

The vinyl art work is great. It made
me feel better when you said you
didn't have the Christmas spirit.
I didn't have any...my 41 year old
daughter is recovering from triple
bypass surgery, my husband has
had retina and now cataract surgery,
and we filed bankruptcy on all our
credit cards. It is a little hard
to be merry when everything is falling apart around you!!!!

Renae said...

Glad ot have you back Eddita. I was wondering what happened to you. I love the vinyl wall art! I really need to try vinyl. I am too scared for some reason. Have a roll to play with, since August, but have done nothing with it.

Renae

Accents By Eddita said...

Hi All, thank you for the nice comments! Mickey, I'm so sorry to hear things are not going well for you but there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. I hope your daughter continues on her recovery and that your hubby's eye heals quickly. Not much you can do but keep trying and having faith.

I'm glad you all liked the vinyl,I told my DH that right now it's my favorite thing to do LOL!

Hailey, thanks for the suggestion, I think I will add it LOL! Now just trying to figure out the best way to do it...hmmmmm

Lynda M said...

Hey, ty for the Xmas card, got it!

Scanning all photographs lying around is a fantastic idea!! I have tons of prints that currently go into the "hole" next to the couch and not many past high school are in albums!

Huggss!