Saturday, January 16, 2010

Rutrow..so much for resolutions...

Ok...so I missed last weeks blog update, but before I bring you all up to date, I have to talk about the earthquake in Haiti a little bit. I know that we all want to help give but may be concerned that the money is reaching the right people. I personally can vouch for 2 organizations who do nothing but good for the needy in the country. Both would appreciate any donations you can give.

The first is a micro-finance group called FONKOZE who basically describe themselves as "Haiti’s Alternative Bank for the Organized Poor". They lend money to people to start their own businesses and learn how to support themselves. They also have literacy programs and support programs.

The second is called FOR HIS GLORY which is a Christian ministry partnered with an orphanage who care for an average of 125 children who have been abandoned either due to parents inability to care for them or death. They also work with families who are interested in adopting these children.

Both groups have a link on their main pages where if you are interested you can click on a link to donate specifically for Earthquake Relief. I know times are hard right now, but if you can only give $ 5 - $ 10, it will add up and help. Even if you can't do anything financially, please take a moment to say a quick prayer for those suffering, that they may have relief.

Now, as far as my resolutions, I have been pretty good on "trying" to say only nice things, have actually created a few new files AND I scanned one photograph LOL!

The other thing I forgot to say is that I have a sale (my ONLY one this month) currently going on! ALL of my files are 40% off! This includes my cute little pocket frog I talked about last time. If you are interested in him just click on this link.

I started my aero garden last weekend and already everything has sprouted! I have 3 tomatoe plants as well as cilantro, thai basil, epazote (a mexican herb) and an herb from Colombia (though I don't know the name of it!) A friend had brought some up with her after visiting her mother years ago and I had vaccuum sealed some seeds in a jar. I'm really surprised it is growing and once it's big I'll have to call her and find out exactly what it is LOL!

I also got a new kitchen gadget a couple of weeks ago...this one I have been wanting for years but it was way out of my price range. I had seen a demo of it at Costco, but it was way too much....until...QVC! I just happened to turn on the tv and they were doing kitchen stuff and there it was...the Vita-Mix with free shipping and 5 easy payments! Woo Hoo....I was there for it...it also helped that it was a today's special value and the price was the lowest I had EVER seen...so 2 days later it's on my counter and I have been playing with it ever since!

Every morning I make a green smoothie for DH and myself and have even made hummus, ice cream and even soup! I just added brocolli, chicken broth, milk, a little bit of cheddar and let it whirl....in 5 minutes I had Hot Steaming Soup! No need for any pans....woo hoo. DH found it really tasty which is good! I really like this machine (but as it's a kitchen gadget what's not to like?!)

In any case, I guess that's it for now but I hope to finish converting my newest file today so I can share a pic with you tomorrow.

Take care everyone!
Eddita

1 comment:

Lynda M said...

Hey, lady! I actually scanned over 100 pix since my last comment! Congrats on the new gadget.

Lynda