Thursday, December 11, 2008

Hi Everyone...and yes I'm still alive!

Well I went to the Dr's office on Monday to have my stress test and for those who have never had one (like myself) it was truly interesting. So I got there at 12:30 for my appoinment after only having had breakfast (bowl of oatmeal at 6am!). As those who know me will attest, no food makes for a very cranky Eddita....picture the exorcist chick with head spinning...that's just childs play LOL!

Anyway, the first thing they did was to try to hook me up with an IV for where they were going to inject the isotope later on. Unfortunately, they wanted to use my left arm (which is very bad for giving blood due to the shy veins). I told them exactly where to go on my right arm (got a great vein there!) but the girl insisted it had to be the left arm because of the way they have the treadmill set up in the other room, etc. I didn't fight but I'm telling you right now I should have. I KNOW my body better than anyone and when the time came to inject the isotope, she basically had to force the stuff in the vein because it wanted to go anywhere but..this of course was while practically speedwalking on speed and incline 4 just so that they could get my heart rate from a sitting still 45 up to 135.

At least I know I'm not going to have a coronary because if I was going to, then THAT would have been the time to do it. In any case, I won't bore you all, but when the test was over and she was removing the IV, she says you will need to put a warm compress on this since you will likely bruise a bit...key word A BIT!!! Here is a pic of what my arm looks like right now (4 days later!) And this is pretty good...I swear..next time I am going to INSIST when I know what my body needs!



In the end, the ultrasound of my heart was good (I have a very pretty heart according to the tech) and I got all the tests done. I will be going in next Monday for the results...keep your fingers crossed for me please! Hopefully something will show why I had the TIA in the first place.

I've also been busy making some new files and I'm having a sale this weekend. More on both tomorrow!

Night everyone!
Eddita :)

No comments: