Monday, December 12, 2011

Where in the World had Eddita been?

I have been trying to play catch up on everything and wanted to take a moment to let you know all is well.

I actually went away for almost 2 weeks (out of the country away!!!) I was fortunate enough to have saved enough money to take my Mom to visit the family in Mexico (whom we have not seen for almost 20 years because of life and circumstances).

We went down just the two of us and had a really wonderful time. We started the first week in a town called Teapa outside of Villahermosa. That is where her brother (my uncle) and family all live. The cousins I remember as being 13 are now very much adults with families of their own. It was wonderful to reconnect with all of them again and now with the advent of "Skype" will be able to stay in touch! Everyone was so wonderful and can I share with you...we ATE very well! They were wonderful enough into fixing all of my favorite meals...YUMMY!

After that we went to Mexico City and got to visit with the other part of the family and do some great sightseeing and shopping! We came back exhausted but very happy and content. Attached below are some pics.

As far as creativity goes, I have really gotten into rhinestoning. I have a few files that are almost finished to be uploaded to the store. If anyone has suggestions or wants please let me know and I will be very happy to create.

For those of you who don't know I also have created an Etsy shop for finished items (you can see it on the left side toolbar). If you prefer a finished item ready to iron on your shirt and you do not see it in my shop, let me know and I will be happy to create a custom item for you.

Well that's about it for now.

Happy Holidays everyone!
Eddita

My Cousin's Banana Plantation (just started planting)















Typical Road in the countryside of Teapa















Picture of my Grandmother at age 14 (my Mom had never seen it before!)




















The Cathedral where my Mother and Father got married
















YUMMY FOODS!!!!
















They have Krispy Kreme donuts in Mexico City!















They have Chicken Big Macs!
















And last but not least...they have BRITTANY SPEARS!!!

No comments: