Friday, October 21, 2011

Did you ever have one of those days?


I just don't know where my head went on Tuesday. I felt like the boy that had a "no good very bad day"!

It started when I went into work after being on vacation and stood at the door just trying to wrack my brain and remember the alarm code for the door! Thank goodness I have a wonderful friend/coworker who forgave me for calling her at 6 in the morning and helped me out. On the bright side it was one of the two numbers I had been debating between (eek!)

Then the whole day was stressful trying to play catch up but I was looking forward to going to a gathering of crazy sewing ladies at my local Joanne's so that was something.

Five o'clock comes and I'm beat. I get home, remind DH I'm going out later and get dinner going. During that time, I get a call from my friend/coworker asking if I'm missing something...I had left my cell phone in her car! Argh...I really hate being without it. Not so much about missing calls but it is important in case of emergency.

Oh well...at least I'm going out but then I can't find my motorcycle key which took me about 20 panicky minutes to find (I had left in my jacket pocket the last time I rode) and then headed out. Now DH said I should warm up the bike so I did, but when I tried to back it down the driveway, I lost my footing and dropped the bike. I quickly turned it off and turned off the gas but because of the angle just couldn't get under it to pick it up. Fortunately DH had heard and came running to my aid.

After he got the bike up he told me to go inside, put on my PJs and have a cup of cocoa. I asked why and he said that he checked with the magic 8 ball and when he asked if I should leave the house it said "all signs point to NO!!!"

So I went in frustrated but as usual he was right. I had thought about jumping in the car but it really wouldn't have been smart to go out...what with no phone and so many things just not going my way. Sometimes you just have to say "UNCLE" to the universe and go inside and relax.

The rest of my week went better and I have been working on a new file just in time for Halloween which I am sharing here for FREE until 9PM. After that you can find it in the store.

It is hard to see in the picture, but I designed it so that the bat's head can be pulled out a little to give a 3-d look. It is super easy to cut out and stringing (if you want to put more than one on a line) is a snap. I simply tied a knot in the bottom bat, ran the second bat as far down as I wanted, tied that in place and then did the same thing with the last one. I am going to make a number of strings and then hang them up outside from out tree out front for Halloween.

Well off to get my laundry going and cleaning off the Craft I mean DINING room table!

Enjoy and let me know what you think and if you use the bats!

Eddita :)


Free .GSD File

Free .AI File

Free .KNK File

Free .WPC File

Free .SVG File

Free .MTC File

5 comments:

Esther W-B said...

Thanks for the cute bats Eddita. I've had days like that, lol. Glad the rest of your week went better.

Caroline said...

Thanks for cute freebie! happy to read that the rest of your week went better :)

Kathy Serrahn said...

awesome batty file

lilred said...

thank you for the cute bat freebie. So sorry about your day. Hope the weekend got better. Thanks so much

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 2 post on Oct. 23, 2011. Thanks again.