Thursday, October 23, 2008

Almost Friday!!

WOW!!! I just want to let you guys know I am going through some serious withdrawls here LOL! I never realized how much I really enjoy the PT forum...joking around with everyone, calling bingo words, seeing everyones latest and greatest, etc!

I know...just like everyone else...I am working on learning that "Patience" is the key.... In the meantime, I had a bunch of new files which I was in the process of uploading to the store, so I thought I would go ahead and share a couple with you here tonight.


I personally love Thanksgiving...it's the holiday event here at my house...I get to host it every year and if you know me, there is nothing more that I love to do than to get into the kitchen and cook! I make a mean turkey too following my MOST FAVORITE Food Network's Host Recipe...ALTON BROWN! If you have never brined a turkey, I highly suggest you try! Ever since I saw his Thanksgiving episode (which they run every year so if you missed it, look it up and set your machine to copy), my turkey has been super moist and tasty. I end up splitting up what little is left so everyone can take home a bit for that perfect late night turkey sandwich...yum!

Anyway, I digress (but really...try the brining technique!)...so what was I saying...oh yes...I love Thanksgiving and so to that end, I came up with this cute little file called "Good Eats!" an homage to Alton and every child's favorite part of the bird. I think it's self explanatory LOL! The neat thing about this file is that not only you can use it for a holiday layout, but you can also use it with any photos of you (or your loved ones)chowing down like King Henry XIII at a Renessaince festival...hey who doesn't love a good turkey leg?! By the way...did I mention Brining a Turkey makes is SUPER DELICIOUS and not dried out??? I couldn't remember if I had mentioned it before (hehehe).


The second file is one that is based on the title of one of my favorite songs we sing at church "Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart". This is something I try to do on a daily basis.

Like everyone, I have some trials and tribulations but at the same time I am very blessed. I have a wonderful supportive husband, a mother who loves me no matter what (and believe me she has been tested over time LOL!), fun siblings, brother and sister-in-laws, nieces and nephews and last but not least my children (my 3 and 2 from my DH) a wonderful daughter-in law and the 2 grand-girls. I also have some really good friends who keep me sane (well as much as possible) and I hope I do the same for them LOL! There is not a time that I don't take a moment to close my eyes and open my heart to the heavens and say "thank you". I'm sure you all know what I mean :)

So anyway...those are 2 files that will show up in the store soon. I'll try to share a couple more each day so you can see what I have been up to.

Take care...and don't forget to Brine! If you don't believe me...check out the reviews for the recipe...1,746 people have given it 5 stars...1 of those is me :)

Eddita :)

No comments: