Monday, May 5, 2008

Hooch


OK, so I was starting to get worried about the starter because something weird was happening to the mix. I went and looked at the websites around only to learn what I have on top of my mixture is called Hooch.

I found a really good website by S. John Ross that described the hooch and it explained that it is a layer of watery liquid (often dark) that contains alchohol. He said that it smells a bit like beer, because it is a bit like beer and warned not don't drink it! I will say he is right, I walked in the house tonight and it smelled like a brewerey! LOL

Apparently it doesn't hurt anything and I can either pour it off if my starter looks liquidy or stir it in as it really doesn't hurt anything. I really didn't want to deal with it tonight, so I just stirred it back in.

If nothing else it appears I am doing the whole starter thing right! The only thing I really care about at this point is not poisoning my entire family for Mother's Day! I have "911" on speed dial just in case!

Speaking of Mother's Day, I hope you have your cards and presents ready! For those of you looking for a last minute card, I have a new card front up for sale. It's very cute (if I do say so myself) and can be used for many different occasions based on the colors you choose.

It looks like little buttons and I just used a pen to draw in the "thread" holding the button on. If you are a little handy with a needle and floss, go ahead and make a little knot to give it a more dimensional look.

You can also use the little buttons as accents on other pieces or layouts.

Well, I guess that's about it for now! Hope you are all well and have a great day tomorrow!

Eddita :)










No comments: